This Three-part series explores Slave Mentality, its Origins and an Antidote.
Are You a Carrier or Are You Terminal?
If you suffer from a Slave Mentality, then you have a freedom threatening condition.
Yes, your freedom is at stake.
But Iâ€™m free.
I live in a democracy with my rights and the law protects me.
I can go where and do what I want.
Stop working for that piece of paper with pictures and numbers on it for one month.
But everybody does it!Â Thatâ€™s the way the system works.
Do you mean everybody on the free-range slave farm?
Slave Mentality is Life Threatening.
Most die oblivious of the fact they’re infected with Slave Mentality, while others enjoy the journey.
The good news is itâ€™s curable, but the antidote depends on you and thatâ€™s the challenge.
Signs of Infection:
- If you donâ€™t work, you wonâ€™t eat.
- You hate your alarm clock more than the tax man.
- Your daily commute is more than two hours.
- You love Fridays, hate Mondays and you live for payday.
- The days of the month last longer than the money in your pocket.
- You work extra hours for a promotion that you donâ€™t want.
You want the increased pay and status, not the extra responsibilities.
- The harder you try, the harder it gets.
- Youâ€™re addicted to stress relievers which are no longer effective.
- Your health is deteriorating.
- You eat highly processed food and frequent fast food outlets.
- You’re in love with technology and youâ€™ve got the best you can buy.
- Your smartphone is the first thing you pick up in the morning and the last thing you put down at night.
- You’ve seen all the latest movies and watch TV for more than three hours a day.
- You know your favorite soapie character history by heart.
- Youâ€™re an active social media contributor whose virtual friends outnumber real friends.
- Youâ€™re system savy but the realities of life and the theories of education don’t match.
- Youâ€™re a law-abiding, tax-paying citizen who listens and obeys.
- You trust those in authority and believe what they say.
- You vote and avidly follow public opinions.
- Mainstream media is your only source of information.
- Your point of view is right, period.
What Are The Symptoms?
Itâ€™s a pandemic so the symptoms are hard to spot.
The easiest way to know if you are infected is by the way youâ€™ve been reading this post.
If youâ€™ve been skimming, sent messages, checked your social media, your mail, or wondered what to eat, then youâ€™re infected.
But. . .
Which is another sign of infection.
You justify your actions with:
- I donâ€™t have time to read everything
- My friends are important
- Work pays the bills
You look for things that agree with your point of view.
â€˜Beware of slave mentality,â€™ said Ndwana. â€˜It is a cunning sickness. We may have it without knowing we have it.â€™ â€˜How may we diagnose it?â€™ â€˜That is a good question,â€™ answered Ndwana. â€˜He who has the mind of a slave accepts the existing order of things as unchanging andunchangeable because his master has told him it is so. He does not question it; still, less does he try to change it.â€™ (Excerpt from the book Kathie By Dora Taylor)
Is It Contagious?
You were infected by your parents, siblings and peers.
The System Dream (get a solid education, a good job, work hard, get married, have children, own a house, car, luxuries, be successful and happy) ensures that you remain infected and contagious.